If you’ve got kids, you probably dread hearing the words “I’m bored”. But you also don’t want to blow a bunch of money to keep them entertained just for a few hours. Here are some great suggestions to keep them busy:
1. Ask them to put on a show. It can be one they do themselves, or they can act out scenes from their favourite movies or books. You can get other kids involved, and design sets and costumes (using stuff around the house of course!)
2. Do a scavenger hunt. You can make your own up, or download one (try here: https://www.scavengerhunt.org/). If your children are really little, you can do it indoors and just ask them to find things that are a certain colour instead of specific objects.
3. Hit the library! Libraries have free books, movies, activities, and more. Some of them even have video games you can take out.
4. Pull out a board game. You can change up rules to make it easier or harder.
5. Pack a picnic and go to a park (it’s so nice out where I am – hope it’s the same for you!)
6. Introduce them to a movie, book, or T.V. show from your childhood! What’s the point in having kids if you can’t make them like the stuff you like?
7. Do a home made science experiment. I’ve tried one where you put together corn starch, food colouring, and water. It’ll turn into a fairly awesome goo. For ideas, try here: http://listverse.com/2007/12/03/top-10-coolest-home-science-experiments/
For kids, the memories come from having fun, not from spending tons of cash?
What’s the best cheap or free activity you’ve done with your kids – or when you were a kid?