Are you unemployed or underemployed? Have more time than money? Then look no further. Here are some ways to help you earn some extra cash:
- Be a personal shopper for someone. While this may be more popular during “big sale” times, there are opportunities for this year round. A lot of busy families don’t have time to go shopping, and some people have a hard time getting out (such as seniors). You can provide a valuable service to them, and make some extra cash while you’re at it.
- Selling your used underwear online. Yes, this is a real and lucrative business. As far as I know, there’ s only a market for women’s underwear. I realize this may seem a bit gross, but it definitely isn’t physically taxing or time consuming. Do some research online before you try to get ideas of how to do this safely and securely.
- Rent out your drive way or your lawn for big events. I’ve seen this before. People who live nearby stadiums etc. can make some extra money by renting out their driveway and even their lawn to let people park on them. Some may try to park on them without your permission, so you might as well just make some money off them!
- Pet sitting or plant sitting. Not everyone had friends or relatives that can do this for them. I got paid to cat sit when I was a teenager, and it was great! They basically paid me to feed the cats, snuggle up with them, and then hang out and watch T.V. One of the best jobs I ever had and much easier than babysitting!
- Volunteer for psych experiments. I used to make 5 bucks a pop in university doing these and it was never anything crazy – just memory tests and that kind of thing.
These are just a few ideas. I’d love to hear about the craziest thing you’ve ever done for money or heard about someone doing for money.