The following is a guest post.
Aluminium is such a fantastically diverse product, and affordable and safe as well. It can be alloyed with different materials and used as a product for fittings, foundations and finishes in the home, as well as being very light and durable. All of this makes it an ideal product for your home renovation. To choose the right aluminium products for your home renovation, browse some different suppliers like Aluminium Trade Centre in Melbourne. Here are some different ways aluminium can be used successfully in a home renovation:
- As the structural support for a conservatory or a sunroom. Sunrooms, traditionally an expensive luxury now can be achieved with aluminium and double glazed glass rather than a wooden structure.
- Guttering and cladding. Being strong, sturdy and light, aluminium makes great guttering for your home. It’s hardy and will take the pressure off a sloping roof, and it won’t rust as fast as old-fashioned steel guttering
- Doors and windows.
- Fly screens.
- Shedding! You can’t go wrong with a nice sheet aluminium to build a good solid outdoor shed with. Make it a DIY project.
- Aluminium is a great glazing material.
- Louvre windows are best made out of aluminium. Frames, flush filler and blades are all you need.
- Just about anything. Aluminium can easily be made into unconventional and miscellaneous forms if you have a project in mind but can’t find the material to carry it out with. Crescent shapes, sign boxes, and table edges are all popular is unconventional aluminium forms. Speak to your local aluminium trader about what you have in mind.
Cat’s note: There’s some great ideas here! Have you ever done a home improvement project like the ones suggested?